Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Soldat Mouse
- - By Newton [de] Date 2009-12-15 00:24
Peter, I believe you once implemented a new behaviour of the mouse during development of CE. The viewport would go a bit to the right if the cursor was moved to the right, a bit to the left if the cursor was moved to the left etc. The scrolling by touching the edge was disabled IIRC.

http://www.clonk.de/forum/de/topic_show.pl?pid=116815#pid116815

But at the end, matthes said it didn't fit or something so the feature was left out. For the new mouse controls however, the feature would fit exactly since now the mouse is understood as a direct mouse and not a RTS-mouse. The "problem" with the FoW would be gone too because the player could only see what's around the clonk anyway.

Any chance to dig that out again?
Parent - - By PeterW [de] Date 2009-12-15 00:34
As far as I can tell, this feature is still in the code. Just set MouseAScroll to something other than 0 and it should start start interacting unpredictably with whatever features were introduced since then ;)
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2009-12-15 01:01
Iirc, regular mouse scrolling is broken with zoom anyway at the moment.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-12-15 04:41
So you plan to disable FoW in OpenClonk? I liked the new FoW that followed lines of sight. :/
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2009-12-15 15:29
Not exactly. I am just saying that the FOW as a matter to cover the landscape would not be needed as there are limits on how far the player can look (see the game Soldat).

Independent of that, I don't like the new Fog of war. It is very klotzy and almost flickers if one is running around a spot.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2009-12-15 17:19
Would the limits of view range be able to change at runtime? ie:Using a scoped musket/telescope
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Soldat Mouse