Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Acid Pumping Goal fulfilled but nothing happens.
- - By Der Mor [de] Date 2014-09-01 19:31
Hi,

I just played through the Acid Pumping scenario and filled the whole basin on the right with acid (in fact it already overflows).

Maybe relevant: As I thought the scenario would succeed as soon as I had it full I had no clonk nearby to observe.
Also, I used savegames - in case that breaks anything.

What can I do?

As a side question: Whats that building doing? I can go inside, but nothing seems to happen.

I hereby license the file screenshot_openclonk_acid_overflow.jpg under the CC-BY license
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2014-09-01 21:03
Which version did you play? Release?

This bug also appeared a few months ago, but I am not sure whether the release version already contains this fix. In any case I declare you winner for this round!

That building is a hut and only had decorative purposes so far... maybe it should be removed, or not be enter-able? Did it annoy you, or did you spend a lot of time on it?
Parent - - By Der Mor [de] Date 2014-09-02 16:05
I play the release version (from the debian apt-archives).

The hut: No, I spend about 5 Minutes or so (over the course of the game) with it. It would be cool if it would slowly heal the Clonks as they can rest there :)
I'd leave it there, looks nice.

Is it correct to post "bugs" like this here in the forum or should I have looked for a ticket in the bugtracker?
Parent - By Maikel Date 2014-09-02 16:29
It's also fine, especially if you also provide feedback to the scenario. In general the forum is more looked into.
- By Der Mor [de] Date 2014-09-02 19:17

Scenario thoughts

The scenario was fun to play through even though I needed two attempts.
My working solution was to use the power of the town to pump up water into a cavern I build that was next to the crystals. Then I dug to the right and mined the gold there to buy more clonks and the iron for more pumps. From there down to the lava lake which had a dry shore on the very left where I stopped and build a wall. Then further down to the acid.
I had caverns for the acid directly above it, one at the energy crystals and one directly left of the town.
Power generation was the water and lava pumped to the lava lake above the acid. As I pumped about the same amount of lava and water the lava couldn't rise.

I was lacking earth clumps through the game and used the permanent walls instead. That had some unexpected consequences as I locked in my clonk between walls that should not have locked him. But otoh now I know how to handle the wall construction so this can be a novice problem and I could solve it by throwing stones at him to get him out.

I had some trouble making the pumps work together because if a pump is activated it only shows once how much power it would need. If you miss this you'll have to guess. If this could be shown every time the pump turns on but hasn't enough power that would be great.

The "no building" crystals are a beautiful idea that really got my mind working on how to transport the power to the left part to pump up the acid.

Nice to have would be if the hut on the right side had some meaning (like you need to gather all your clonks there to finish, it heals clonks that are inside, you can store unlimited amount of stuff there or something the like)
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Acid Pumping Goal fulfilled but nothing happens.