Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Golden Mountain
- - By Der Mor [de] Date 2014-09-28 17:07
Bug: Overachieving goal causes wrong behaviour
I just played through the golden mountain scenario and had 3 gems left to sell. Then I sold 4. The display on how many gems to sell shows "30". Selling another gem doesn't change that number.
I will add a savegame to this post where I stand with a Clonk at the Flagpost with gems in his inventory so this can be tested.
My version is the release version (as delivered on debian jessy: 5.4.1-1+b1).

Maybe Bug: Whenever one of my clonk died and I bought another one I got one of the same name again. I also think that the counting of the amount of clonks already bought is incorrect, but it may be that I don't understand it correctly. (I started with "Antrak and Alphons, then Alphons died and I bought another one - again it was Alphons. Alphons died again and then I got Newton who died and I got a Newton again.)

Scenario thoughts:
An interesting challenge! I really liked this scenario even though it was seriously hard for me.
I enjoyed the thrill of having to excavate the gems from above while avoiding the lava see below me.
This time I played it without the fancy tools (remote hand and grapple hook) and it worked well (hmm... considering that I spend like 10 clonks or so "well" is relative here).
Next time I will play it with fancy tools and see how much better it is then :)
It took me about 4:30h to play through.

Improvement idea:
- Remove the trees, instead start the scenario with a full lorry of wood.
Chopping wood at the beginning of the scenario is boring and reduces the fun of it. Alternatively add a sawmill to the starting town.
Also, for whatever reason, when I see a tree my FPS goes down to 8 or so, which is annoying, so I don't like trees.

I hereby license the file GoldenMountain1.ocs under the CC-BY license
Attachment: GoldenMountain1.ocs - Savegame (526k)
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2014-09-28 17:44
Thanks for your feedback. Nice to hear that you liked the scenario. Yes, it's one of the harder ones :-)

The bug is not with overachieving the goal, but that the goal object is created twice and the second one cannot be fulfilled. You would have failed the round even if you had sold exactly 30 gems. It's already fixed for the next release, which I hope we can do soon.

With the wood I can see what can be done.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Golden Mountain