Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Boning in Blender
- - By Clonkonaut Date 2015-03-12 23:35
Just another Blender question!

As I said in the rotation thread, I want to finish the carry heavy material stuff.

I need to add bones to the things. One, to be precise. This 'carry bone' that gets attached to the clonk. How do I add bones in Blender?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-03-13 07:26
Press Space -> Add Armature
Click the object, then Shift+Click the armature (both are selected now; the order is important)
Click CTRL+P, select "Armature Deform" or one of the subcategories (depending on what you want, possibly With Automatic Weights)

You are done. At least if your object only needs one bone. You should rename the existing bone, though. The other clonk objects usually call the bone "main". You can do that by clicking the armature, entering edit mode, selecting the little "bone" button (in the tab row, where you also find material & texture etc.) and then renaming it.

You can try if it worked by clicking the armature, entering pose mode and then moving the bone. The object should follow the movements.
Parent - - By Maikel Date 2015-03-14 16:01
I have an object with an armature and bones (no animations) how do I export such that also a skeleton file appears?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-03-15 14:00
I guess you need at least one dummy animation for the exporter to export your armature then? But I am not sure and I am not at home to try it atm.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Boning in Blender