Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Base Defence Scenarios
- - By Maikel Date 2015-03-19 19:01
I would like to make a base defence round based on Fight for GIDL, which is one of the non-settlement rounds I like the most. However that one is still very basic and lacks atmosphere. I have a few issues when using some of the features from there.

First of all, do you guys think it would make sense to introduce a new scenario folder for those rounds, maybe inside Arena.ocs?

Secondly there is a rule and an AI object local to those Fight for GIDL, can I move the rules somewhere? And what about the AI objects? Do they deserve a special object folder? Lot's of scenarios don't need AI so it would be a waste if they load those objects.
Parent - By Sven2 Date 2015-03-19 20:24
The AI is an extension of the main AI object. some of the stuff (like club usage) could be moved into regular AI. The rest is scenario specific (e.g.: Moving towards the statue).

Concerning duplicate objects: Maybe you could just change the current Fight for Gidl instead? The current map isn't great and anything else is probably an improvement. If you don't want to lose the old map, then map selection could just be a scenario parameter.

I think a folder is a bit overkill for now
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Base Defence Scenarios