Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / How do we get keybindings to save permanently?
- - By Cairn [us] Date 2015-05-16 08:40 Edited 2015-05-16 08:42
I looked for a file to edit manually, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyhow, I change the keybindings, but every time I come back to the game, all the ones I changed are set to $0.

Of course, that's not really a problem to me, but I keep forgetting to change them every time I boot up the game, and I have to re-exit out of the game set the keybindings, and then reload the game.

Also, the ones I change set to yellow color, and are still yellow when I reboot the game and they are set too $0. I'm not sure if that signifies anything more than they aren't the default setting, but in case, I let you know.

Also, a suggestion. If there were a .txt file or something easily edited in any text editor that holds all of the key-bindings, perhaps that would be simple for the player to edit if they are having issues with keybindings staying put due to some unexpected issue.

Another thing about keybindings. I set "space" to jump, but it still activates any buildings or opens the inventory of items with inventory that I happen to be next too.

Thank you.
Parent - By Pyrit Date 2015-05-16 14:39
I just tried and the same thing happens to me.

I made a bugtracker entry.

There actually was a guy who had the same problem. I tried, and it seems you can at least reset to default by deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenClonk Project\OpenClonk\Controls\UserSets\, but it still resets custom keys to $0 everytime you start the game, so no way on windows to save custom controls. :(

Thanks for making aware of this bug, I didn't really bother checking it when the first guy posted about it...
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / How do we get keybindings to save permanently?