Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Some random parkours
- - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-07 22:25 Edited 2010-02-12 18:05
Ok, updated it once again, now there are only four parkours, all (because of lack of other interesting items at this point and my laziness) using Jar of Winds(which is a much more usefull tool, than one could think), but they are a bit higher quality than previous scenarios, that were here before. If you are bored playing same parkours over and over(assuming you play OC at all :P), then download right now!

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: AS-Parkour.c4f.zip (31k)
Attachment: Boomyons.c4s.zip (7k)
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-01-25 12:47
Yes, dear fellow Asmageddon - races are quite nice, I especially like the Mountain race 2 and Sky one, some of settlement maps are nice as well, but you should move Two hills scenario to melee - it is not suited for settlement, while it could be marvelous for a 2/4 player melee. ( :P )
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-01-25 17:21
I've been mostly to busy to test these maps yet. Also, the other developers have all been working on parkours; not melees quite yet (as you heavily hinted at).
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-02-12 18:05
Ok, I updated it a bit.
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-02-13 12:12
I like them; I think we should take at least one of them to replace the current SkyRace test map.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-02-13 19:35
Could you make a dynamic map for a melee? Preferably something that the boompack (or other flying objects) could work well in.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-02-13 20:54
With pleasure. ^^
I already have few maps for that, I just didnt know, that there already is an Melee goal. I think I'll have it done tommorow.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-02-14 00:39

>I just didnt know, that there already is an Melee goal

I don't think there is, but for when we don't have a goal it will be good. Also it will be nice for testing.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-02-14 13:16
Sorry, I doubt if I will have time today. Also...
How am I supposed to create anything using boompacks!? They are too wicked to be used for transport, too hard to hit someone with, and above all - they are one use items. How could melee using them look? Shall they get distributed at spawn? Should they respawn after being used? Should they be buyable? Sure, they are cool, but quite useless as well.
If I will have some time, then I'll make something later today, if not, then I'll probably do it next saturday(or if I'm lucky - during week), as my school starts again after winter holidays.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-14 13:29
About as useless as a Teraflint with which one can only do a terajump but nothing else. I can think of two different ways to make it less useless:
1. give it more range - the clonk can be "transported" over a much higher distance
2. make it possible to use it as a weapon (damage when it explodes)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-02-14 21:08
1. I was under the impression it already sent the Clonk too far. However, the length of flight can be easily changed by modifying the 'fuel' variable on initialize().
2. Doesn't it already? :S
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-02-14 22:24

>How could melee using them look?

Currently I would just like a terrain where they are usable without always crashing into something (ie, something like that test map of Newton's, but with more air-room) It's not really important how the player gets them at the moment (maybe just by building them at workshop).
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-02-23 20:36
I added Boomyons scenario. It makes use of modified boompack(higher mobility, infinite fuel), imho it's kinda boring and monotonous, but I just can't think of anything better for a boompack race(actually I can, but it would be hard to do make it a random map. I will try this later on. Maybe saturday or sunday(damn that school :P)), but I decided to upload it because of... well, I just uploaded it :P
Parent - By Randrian [de] Date 2010-02-23 22:27
Well a well made static map can be better then a random map. The static maps can alter in the way of the course and the random have from start to end mostly relatively similar random landscape.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-02-24 09:05
Wow! Boompack race with obstacles. I already like that. Good luck!

P.S. A nice static map can be even better than random dynamic one (though it would probably loose a grand piece of reusability)
Up Topic Development / Scenario & Object Development / Some random parkours