Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / ActMap Animations and their Transitions
- - By Zapper [de] Date 2015-08-19 18:00
The ActMap supports playing animations directly without the need of fiddling with PlayAnimation, which is pretty cool.

However, 1) the transitions are instant (the animations are not blended) and 2) changes of the direction (SetDir) are not smoothly animated by turning the model but are also instant - and also just mirrored.

How much effort would it be to implement those two things in the engine? That would make creating animated objects a lot more comfortable!

(@ck)

Currently, I fear that I need to reimplement the animation stuff in script for my current animal, just to get smooth transitions.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2015-08-21 01:14
I don't think it would be much effort, the ActMap animation is already inserted in the animation tree like every other animation as well (slot 0 is reserved for ActMap animations).

SetDir indeed just mirrors the mesh, basically it just applies the same draw transform as for sprites. It might even happen that this gets the lighting wrong because it's applied as DrawTransform, not MeshTransform...

We could add a "FadeOut=XXX" ActMap entries which specify for how many frames the transition should last (and, while the animation is fading out, the outfading action simply stays at the last animation phase?)
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / ActMap Animations and their Transitions