Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / GTK+ changes
- - By Günther [de] Date 2016-01-11 02:00
I've changed the GTK+ editor code to stop using deprecated APIs (at least those the compiler warned about) and changed the layout of the console and landscape toolbox a bit. Also support for EditCursorCommands. This all seems to work here, but I'd like a second opinion on whether to merge this to master now or later. Also, I don't know whether the EditCursorCommands change broke the windows version of that code. It's all in the editor branch in the main repository.
Parent - By Clonk-Karl [us] Date 2016-01-11 05:04
If it might break for other platforms I would keep it for after 7.0.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2016-01-22 23:58
Next experiment: Making the GTK+ port compile for windows. Most of the changes are long overdue cleanups, some #ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_X11, and tweaks to the #ifdefs enabling the wgl port, so that it'll also be used for GTK. I can't test it because wine doesn't want to run my crosscompiled C++ win32 executables for some unrelated reason, so there is probably something I've missed.

Anybody want to try the gtkwin32 branch in the main repository?

Anybody interested in my jhbuild configuration to crosscompile the various libraries?
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-01-23 00:00

>Anybody want to try the gtkwin32 branch in the main repository?

What would I have to set up for that? Probably install some GTK SDK or so?
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2016-01-23 12:30
I think the most hassle-free option would be to install Msys2, and then install the mingw*gtk3 package (pacman has a method to list all packages, and the correct package name should become obvious from that), and then activate USE_GTK in openclonks cmake.

Isilkor said he had managed to build gtk with MSVC, but that's a lengthy endeavour.
Parent - By Isilkor Date 2016-01-23 15:07 Edited 2016-01-23 15:14

> Isilkor said he had managed to build gtk with MSVC, but that's a lengthy endeavour.

Yeah, it sucks. However, if anyone is interested in doing it for themselves, here's what I'm using: https://www.nosebud.de/~nh/openclonk/openclonk-build-deps-msvc.zip Unzip somewhere, then run build-deps.ps1. Needs Powershell 4 (maybe 5?) and Visual Studio 2015 installed. Also needs several gigabytes of free hard disk space.

[Edit]
In general though I'd like to just switch to Qt instead (for all platforms), because that actually has proper Windows and OS X support and at least tries to look native on those platforms, unlike GTK which tries to look like GNOME everywhere.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / GTK+ changes