Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Mass closing of bugs
- - By Sven2 [us] Date 2016-01-18 16:48
Why are all resolved bugs being closed now? I see no good reason as the compact view already hides resolved bugs. It sends out hundreds of emails and it ruins the "resolved vs closed" statistics.

Newton?
Parent - By Zapper [de] Date 2016-01-18 17:30
See http://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?tid=2906

I think the idea was that "resolved" means "resolved for the next release" and "closed" means "this bug does not exist in the last release (anymore)"
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2016-01-18 20:25
Resolved means that the developer resolved the bug. Closed means that it has been resolved and it has been confirmed as being fixed.

As we do not really have a QA, fixed bugs linger around in the bugtracker for quite a while. I usually go around and close all the old resolved bugs that have been resolved in previous versions already. I did this now for all bugs that have been resolved for versions previous 6.1. I do this mainly because the standard view shows all (not closed) bugs and it is both unübersichtlich and demotivating to see 10+ pages of bugs in the bugtracker even though just a portion of it has not been taken care of forever.

Regarding the credit given through the bugtracker statistics - if that is your concern: What statistic do you mean exactly? And are you sure this distorts the data? After all, it is usually the QA, not the person who fixes the bug that closes the bug. It would be a very odd implementation of the workflow if who closes the bug somehow matters in the statistics.
Parent - - By Sven2 [us] Date 2016-01-18 20:57
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

By statistics I didn't mean bugs per developer, but just the summary showing how many bugs were closed versus how many resolved. I.e. here:

http://bugs.openclonk.org/summary_page.php

I always considered it as a metric of how well we do at fixing versus ignoring bugs. But obviously, that metric isn't very good if all bugs are closed eventually ;-)
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2016-01-18 22:23
For that metric, have a look at the By Resolution table, there you have it :-)
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Mass closing of bugs