Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Dynamic/Exact scenarios
- - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-05 18:08 Edited 2010-02-07 00:28
Was fiddling around with the Endevour editor mode when I wondered if it would be possible to make scenarios where parts or areas of the terrain can be made to be the same every time the scenario is loaded, (you start a new instance of the scenario, not load a saved game), but anywhere where the terrain has not been specified to stay the same will be randomized just like any dynamic map.

An example of such a thing would be a maze that changes every time someone tries it, but the entrance and the exit of the maze stay in the same place.

An example scenario would be:

Name: Operation Simulation
     Description: Some more excentric Clonks have figured out how to move a small floating island of dirt around to different areas of their world.  They keep only a stone hut, an elevator, and a windmill on the island since anything else would weigh the island down, also, nothing else would fit.
     Scenario Details: You always start on a small island in the top left corner of a landscape set to the highest possible width and height.  The rest of the landscape will be completely random.  The terrain's amplitude, phase, period, random, and water level settings will be totaly randomized, creating a different landscape every time you play.  The scenario's environment and weather settings are also totaly randomized, futher adding to the possible diversity of gameplay.
     Small Details: The stone hut, elevator, and windmill will already be built when the game starts.  The stone hut will already have a flag in it setting it as the homebase.  The windmill will be already connected to the elevator.  You start off with one clonk, no money, and no resources.  Clonks of all varieties will be available for purchase at the stone hut that you begin the game with. 
     Game Goals:
                         Rescue all whifs
                         Build all possible buildings
                         Collect/sell all gold
                         Collect/use/sell all ore
                         Collect/use/sell all oil
                         Collect/use/sell all crystal
     Game Rules:
                         Spells require alchemic components
                         Buildings can be "snowed in", buildings do not clear dirt/snow/water/lava/etc/etc. . . from in front of them
                         Construction of any kind requires materials
                         Flags can be removed from buildings
                         Anything that can consume power does consumes power
                         You can research new spells at the wizard tower
                         All clonks can scale and hangle

I hope I was as descriptive as possible about my idea, would really be cool if this could be done.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-02-05 18:12
You can draw dynamic maps (Landscape.txt definitions) on portions of your map using DrawDefMap.
Parent - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-02-05 19:18
But you can't draw Picture-maps with that. And DrawDefMap does not integrate into the landscape very well.
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-05 21:14
Where would i find DrawDefMap, and how would i use it when in the Clonk Endevour editor
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-02-06 10:27
If you want to horse around a bit with dynamic maps, you should look at DrawMap(), the docu of dynamic maps.
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-06 23:15
WHERE do i find DrawDefMap in the files of the game or in its menus, (wherever it is).
Parent - - By Caesar [de] Date 2010-02-06 23:22
:D
It's a function. You can put it into a script or use it from the console or run it via /script DrawMap() to the chatline.
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-06 23:29 Edited 2010-02-07 00:26
"facepalm", yes yes sorry, im not being descriptive enough,

I'm just a gamer thats good at making stuff with and already scripted/made editor, so unfortunatly ill need someone to give me a set of instruction and/or pictures to help me out here.

"sigh" i hate bein a noob when i find new stuff, its just too mentaly painful.

Thanks for ur help so far guys, now try ur best to train this noob. XD

P.S. Right now i need to know how this works for Clonk Endevour, i havent bought the full Clonk Rage yet.
P.P.S. Ill upload a pic of something that will help u guys help me.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-07 02:12
Unfortunately there is not real "level design" program for clonk.

However, there is the Clonk engine in "console" modus and if we are talking about Clonk Endeavour/Clonk Rage, also the "Clonk Editor".

In this console modus (start clonk with the parameter /console or start it from the "Clonk Editor"), you can paint the material into the landscape and also place objects into the landscape, then later save it as scenario. The Clonk editor (editor.exe) basically lets you see into the .c4d files (object definitions) and .c4s files (levels).
Ah, in Clonk Endeavour, the "editor" is actually the main frontend. You can turn on the "developer mode" (=the editor in Clonk Rage) in the options.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-02-05 18:43
Have you seen The Cavern already?
(My so far favorite scenario, by the way :-) )
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-02-07 02:14
Since your question is about the older clonk titles, namely Clonk Endeavour now, I think you are better off in here: http://www.clonk.de/forum/en/forum_show.pl
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-07 07:51
sorry for bein in the wrong place, but originally i was hopein that u guys could add a feature like the one i described at th every top, though as u can see, i have been shown that there is already something of this in the previous 2,.

Thanks and keep up the good work
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-02-07 12:38
Well, not sure if this was what you meant, but it could be neat idea to add "image" algo to random map scripts, a would determine number and name of image file,  like a=1; results in load of "fixed1.png"
Parent - - By kevda [de] Date 2010-02-08 10:59
As mentioned before you can combine exact map with the DrawMap Function. There is this program http://www.cc.striver.net/download.php?act=getinfo&dl=111 wich can help you there.
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-08 16:40
Does that program work with Endeavour?
Or is there a different version for that?
I'm short on money right now, so i can't buy Rage yet, though I will as soon as i can so that i can c wat i can do with that editor.
Parent - - By Enrique [de] Date 2010-02-08 18:15
I guess it works with every Engineversion supporting "Landscape.txt". So even CE.
Parent - - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-08 21:35
where do i find the Gimp Tool Kit, that it needs to work?
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-02-08 22:14
Parent - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-02-08 22:26
thanks
Up Topic General / Feedback and Ideas / Dynamic/Exact scenarios