Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model/Concept] Elevator (new)
- - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-04 13:20 Edited 2010-04-04 13:24
hey, i got an idea for the elevator again. and again, i tried to keep the style from the windmill, something like carpented together without much precision.

234 vertices and 149 polygons, mainly quadrangles, but also some triangles.

i know it looks a bit unstable but hey - it is clonk, and clonk isnt that realistic

ingame it can be either displayed like version A, from the side, or like version b, from the front. hidden polygons are deleted, but only for version A
Attachment: Elevator20.obj - Elevator file (17k)
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-04-04 14:59
Would be cool if you could build an elevator on a cliff and have the case offset to the side. We'd need more complex placement code then tho, e.g. click down the mouse on where you want to build and drag to where the shaft will be drilled.
Parent - By TheBuilder [us] Date 2010-04-05 04:46
There would have to be a set distance to the left or right that you could go.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2012-01-10 16:36
Not sure if the d&d placement works at all now with the new construction menus. Probably there'd have to be done some work on the engine side then.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2012-01-10 16:39
In the case of this elevator, it only needs to be placed to the left or the right, I am already planning to implement that in the construction menu.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2012-01-10 16:34
Before I do the UV map, could you do the following changes? (And finalize the elevator cabin):
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-04-05 11:53
Is look like very breakable, perhaps add some metal beams ?

Also, the drill is some strange :/

Also a counterweight, like a lift, or if it works with electricity, add equipment.
Parent - By MimmoO Date 2010-04-05 14:30
breakable: well, thats what i meant with style. the windmill doenst look that stable too, but this is what makes it looking funny, i think. its also the physics of clonk, whose are different to ours.

what drill?

theres no counterweight. the rope is rolled up around the lower wheel.
- By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2010-04-05 19:10
So, nothing to add about
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Model/Concept] Elevator (new)