Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Music] Track workshop
- - By ala [de] Date 2010-05-18 15:10
Ok here we go.
The aim is to create tracks which fit in smoothly into various clonk situations and won't become boring or annoying after time.

Bad criticism is welcome as well.
Parent - - By ala [de] Date 2010-05-18 15:16
Shadow, I continued working on the cave theme this morning. But I won't be able to try out the music program till the day after tomorrow: In fact it's a midi again, sorry. I also recorded a sloppy guitar version of the first two themes with the cheapest mic available.

P.S. I'm still working on it... will propably finish it by Sunday.
Attachment: Cave.mid - Sloppy Midi (Cave) for Brainstorming (5k)
Attachment: CaveJam.ogg - Sloppy Guitar Arrangement of "Cave" (954k)
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-05-18 15:26
How this makes me miss the good old times of MIDI game music :)

@Cave.mid: I liked the start as a background music. It made me think of some mysterious cave. Sounds of dripping water everywhere; echoes of distant sounds; etc.

But it got a bit too agitated later on for my taste.
Parent - By ala [de] Date 2010-05-23 18:09

>But it got a bit too agitated later on for my taste.

I tried a longer start, but the whole track moved in a sad direction because of that, away from "rhythm with an uneasy touch" to "uneasy with a touch of rhythm" :(
I'll have to redo it.
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-05-20 11:58
Is that a real guitar there? If yes, you need a better microphone ;-) Also: respect, sounds cool@CaveJam

I can not really tell if I liked the Cave.mid if it weren't a MIDI because it being a MIDI is so much at the top of my head that I can only hear the that rather than the melody. (I think MIDIs CAN sound good if the set of instrument samples is better than the stuff that comes with the/my sound card and the program which composes the midi into PCMs adds some human inaccuracy to make it sound less artificial)
Parent - By ala [de] Date 2010-05-23 18:09
I'm only using a headset microphone ;)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-05-24 01:24
Cave.mid :D

Sounds really great! It makes me reminisce of those old super nintendo RPGs.
Parent - By ala [de] Date 2010-05-23 18:18
Composing does great, but arranging is a pain in the neck.
It will take a while till the programs work the way I intend them to. Even if the ideas are there...
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Music] Track workshop