Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-08-12 20:03
Does Clonk currently work on mac? Will we have a mac-port for the release? Also: Who is doing it? - I got no mac.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-08-13 09:30 Edited 2010-08-13 09:34
Well, I made sure that CMake generates proper bundles. What's missing off the top of my mind:
* fixing the bugs that crash OC on startup and shutdown (wrong OpenGL initialization order, according to Günther)
* a proper icon set
* we might have to have another look at the script that automatically bundled up the dependencies
* we should reevaluate whether we can put the base game data into the bundle now
* Maybe make a proper DMG-type install package?

Apart from that, I think we should be good to go.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-08-13 11:01
Who develops for mac in the team? To whom do I got to talk when it's time for release?
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-08-13 12:39

> fixing the bugs that crash OC on startup and shutdown (wrong OpenGL initialization order, according to Günther)

More precisely, the problem is that D3D has to be initialized before setting the video mode, but OpenGL has to be initialized after changing the video mode with SDL. For Win32 and X11, OpenGL only needs the window, but not the changed video mode, thus can use the same order as D3D. Considering the already sorry state of the D3D port, I simply changed the order to accommodate the SDL port. In the longer term, we could move the video-mode-setting back into DDrawInit. Splitting it up was done in order to make ingame resolution changes sane, but the different initialization order requirements make that untenable.
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-08-13 19:26
Well, I know it was discussed over and over, but since there is no real reason why DX is neccesary why not remove it? Perhaps reimplementing it at a later date...?
Parent - - By Mortimer [de] Date 2010-08-13 21:45
Would be nice if my Cocoa port were ready for prime time.. but well, it isn't quite :D
Parent - By Günther [de] Date 2010-08-14 12:07
We should nevertheless start merging the more ready parts soon, to avoid scaring reviewers away with too massive changes. How about starting with the OpenAL code, followed by some small standalone changes, then the code necessary for player mode, and finally the developer mode? Each of these steps should result in a working engine, with few enough changes to avoid destabilizing the code and delaying a release.