Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Graphics] Network Game Background
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-08-19 00:27
Thought I'd like to ask the community before pushing this:

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-08-19 02:09
Nice. The flare effect on the sun looks a tad too artificial, though. I guess it's the rays, but I'm not sure.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-08-19 07:53
I think it will do. Since the Earth itself looks artificial (which is exactly what we need to match the OC concept) the Sun will probably look much the same.
But I can not object against the fact that some light tweaking can probably make this picture look better
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-08-19 07:55
I'd suggest make the sun a bit darker (or the Earth a bit lighter) since the bright spot at the corner draws ALL of the attention to itself...
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-08-19 09:59
I don't like it at all.
Also, didn't we want to stick with this style http://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?pid=8389#pid8389 (slightly photoshopped screenshots) , at least for the first release? - since it is also not so much work while it looks OK.
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-08-19 10:16
Suggest a compromise:
1) If "at all" means neither the concept not the form of representation than we can either:
- hold a discussion;
- abandon the whole thing for good and close the thread
2) Or if it is just the style that is out of place (I mean, the Earth-Sun picture fits OK with the network background, in my opinion) we can:
- search the web for some free space photos
Parent - By Luchs [us] Date 2010-08-21 03:41
So that image should replace the blimb-picture of CR shown when choosing a host? Then I'd prefer something closer to the game content.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / [Graphics] Network Game Background