Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / Bugtracker plugin: graphs (locked)
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-09-13 21:40
I just installed the new graphs plugin for the bugtracker which shows statistics about the acticity in the bugtracker. It's still very rudimentary in the version 1.0 but probably this will be improved in the next versions. You see it in the bugtracker on the link Summary.

So, according to these statistics, Clonk-Karl is by far the most busy bug-eater :-). And who reports the most bugs? That will be me, of course. Dunno if that is such a good thing though ;-) - I'm just using it to keep track of the work we still got to do.
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-09-13 22:01

> Access Denied.

:(
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-09-13 22:50 Edited 2010-09-13 23:15
:-(

Edit: Fixed. Developers can look at the graphs now.
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-09-14 07:28

> Access Denied

It is still the issue
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-09-14 11:59
It works for me FWIW
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-09-14 14:15
Yeah, me too already
Parent - - By Gurkenglas [de] Date 2010-09-14 20:52
Me not. :-(
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-09-15 08:52
Unfortunately, you do not belong to the developers group

P.S. Which leads to the thought: Why is this so important?
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-09-15 09:30
Uhm, why is not everybody allowed to see the statistics?
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-09-15 10:44
Hmm, because the graphs seem to take quite some time to generate and IMO are only valuable for the devs to evaluate their work(flow). Second reason, I'm not sure if the devs are OK with them being "evaluated" like this in statistics for everyone to see.
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-09-15 11:25
Then... are you able to remove all the parts that relate to the actual developers and only leave those that are bug-related?
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-09-15 12:00
no
Parent - - By Clonk-Karl [de] Date 2010-09-15 12:30

> because the graphs [...] are only valuable for the devs to evaluate their work(flow)

It also shows reporter statistics. And the developer statistics might also be interesting to any user, even if it's just informative.

> I'm not sure if the devs are OK with them being "evaluated" like this in statistics for everyone to see.

This is bullshit. The information is public anyway, it's just "harder" to aggregate them. At least to me this is not about "evaluating" something. As I said: If someone wanted to do this then they could do so anyway. Please. This is OpenClonk. Development is public, so we should not try to hide certain things.

I didn't want to have a private board. But if you announce something that nobody but the developers cannot access anyway then this is one of the few things that would actually would belong there instead of the public announcement board.
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2010-09-15 13:40 Edited 2010-09-15 13:51
OK. I'll change the permission this evening. Lets not further bloat this issue.
FYI: When posting this, I didn't even realize that it is intended only for admins. The option to change the permission to access the statistics does not even exist, I had to change it directly in the database.
Parent - By Luchs [de] Date 2010-09-15 15:43

>because the graphs seem to take quite some time to generate

So there should be some cached version for non-developers, which is updated daily?
Parent - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2010-09-15 09:49

> Dunno if that is such a good thing

Well, it is not a very good thing if anyone is willing to hold competitions :-) but it is surely a very effective way of monitoring the ammount of work which is still to be done.
Personally, I liked the "Most Active" and "Most Open" parts which helps to determine the bugs which are going to be resolved in the first place and also helps to see bugs so ancient that everyone has already forgot about them.

Have some misunderstanding about why are "closed" and "resolved" statuses doubled in "Summary" section (which does not make a very big sense) but the new line helps a lot to see how many issues are still to take care of...

In short, a helpfull improvement for the bugtracker which (as stated below) probably needs to be seen by anyone
Up Topic General / Announcements / Bugtracker plugin: graphs (locked)