Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / The future...
- - By Fluff [gb] Date 2010-10-03 20:19
Hi! Yeah, so I've been having a few problems with Clonk Rage recently, and I decided to see how OpenClonk was getting along. Downloaded it, played through the tutorials, failed at "parkour" maps, couldn't get a game started with Caesar and crashed about 10 times. Meh. Development, right?
(Please ignore all the rambling between the words in these brackets and the first instance of the word "Hi" in this post, inclusive.)
Blablabla backstory done time for the point of this thread. Once you people have brought OC out of development and into a full actual release, what'll be the plan of action? Mainly, I'm curious about the previous different main packs in the series, Knights, Hazard, Fantasy and suchsuch. I know OpenClonk is a new game in the series, and meant to rebuild and rework things, but what about those packs?

P.S. How do you store things in buildings?
Also P.S. Hi!
Final P.S. Any idea if there'll be a settlement scenario made anytime "soonish"? (Where "soonish" can really refer to any time-period you want it to.)
Parent - - By Anonymous [de] Date 2010-10-03 20:36
im the not-logged-in-pluto (sorry)
well, the answer for I can find in your post:

>what about those packs?

Answer: meant to rebuild and rework
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2010-10-03 20:43
Neat.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-10-03 20:48

>Final P.S. Any idea if there'll be a settlement scenario made anytime "soonish"? (Where "soonish" can really refer to any time-period you want it

Yes. (PS: I consider "soonish" to refer to any time-period I want it to)
PPS: Settlement scenarios are not planned for the first release (but for one of the next releases, maybe even the second one!)

PPPS: The main packs will probably be integrated into the "main" pack (like the Clonk can natively use a bow and a sword)
Parent - By Fluff [gb] Date 2010-10-04 18:28

>Yes

I was expecting this. =)
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-10-03 22:22
Settlement is more or less planned to begin development upon in Release 2 (we are nearing Release 1 atm).

>but what about those packs?

I'd like to see some more unique packs instead of just recreating the old ones. For example a Pirates expansion where you can have ship vs ship or ship vs coastal-fortress melees. I think a pack will only be recreated if someone really has a passion to create it; just recreating a pack for the sake of recreating it wouldn't get very far into development (though that's not to say people won't remake the old packs... just saying they'll need to want to do so).
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / The future...