Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Announcements / Testing Release (locked)
- - By Newton [de] Date 2010-11-22 01:57
For anybody who is not in #openclonk-dev regularly, here is a short status update:

The only thing that is missing for a working release now is a working update system. It is almost finished: If the C4Version.txt in the repository gets updated, the build scripts are automatically notified, the build scripts in turn pull the newest repository changes, compile the engine, build the installation files plus the C4U update files and upload them to the openclonk website. The engine then fetches the update package when the masterserver's version information has been updated (currently: manually) and installs them. The system works so far, only the application of the c4group update packages fail on Windows 7 (which, by the way also exists for Clonk Rage) amongst some other smaller issues. See the bugtracker.
Additional features that are planned but not implicitly necessary for a public release are: Automatic creation of linux installation files and updates and even more automation in the update process.

The release will delay a bit because of that. But we can already now enter the testing phase by resolving the test cases in the bugtracker which I created. The test cases are meant to be gone through once before a release to make sure that none of the basic functionality broke because of some obvious bug. How does it work? You just follow the instructions given in the test cases - if norelated (blocking) bug happens on the way, you can resolve the test case.
Get the lastest nightly build/snapshot to test or the latest release package (as installation).
Also, you are urged to also report any other bug you find so that we have the possibility to resolve them before the public release. The release is scheduled as soon as the remaining issues with the update process are resolved.
Parent - - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-11-23 20:05 Edited 2010-11-23 20:40
Sounds cool, I didn't play OC in a long while since I do lots of different stuff(guess I still could manage to do something, but probably am just being lazy).
Last time it had some problem with building, I'll try to update now and post here if I run into any problems.

EDIT:
Yep, same error again:
[  7%] Built target c4group
[  7%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/clonk.dir/src/platform/StdXApp.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkcairo.h:28,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
                 from /home/asmageddon/Pulpit/Open Clonk/openclonk/src/platform/StdXApp.cpp:73:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkpixbuf.h:37: fatal error: gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I think I need to install libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev, but am posting this here just in case it's some problem :p
Parent - - By Newton [de] Date 2010-11-24 00:32
The problem lies obviously on your side, otherwise no one would have been ever able to build. I advice you to read the readme.
Parent - - By Günther [de] Date 2010-11-24 00:58
There are problems with header files which are our problem, but not this one: The problem is that a header clonk is #including is #including a missing header, and both headers are from well-maintained libraries with a single implementation. Distributions are supposed to not allow that to happen. On my system (Debian with GTK+ 2.20), the missing header is in the same package as gtk.h, which is the header clonk uses. But while looking that up, I saw a libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev version 2.22 which conflicts with libgtk20-dev < 2.21.3 and which libgtk2.0-dev 2.22 depends on. So apparently Asmageddons distribution made a similar split and forgot to update the metadata of the gtk development package. I recommend switching to Debian ;-)
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-11-24 15:49 Edited 2010-11-24 16:28
Unfortunately I was a n00b when installing linux, so my /home is on the same partition as the rest, and thus changing would require a bit of toying with copying stuff(but well, I could copy /home, export list of packages and copy config files in /etc as well as World of Goo and few other apps in /opt
Also, my mother uses this PC regularly, and since she's used to Xubuntu(well, ubuntu, but I installed the xubuntu package) I'm not changing it.
So, uh, could somebody supply me with a binary? ^^

EDIT: autoreconf -i && ./configure && make instead of cmake .; make worked
It returned an error, but I've got an executable and it works :p
Up Topic General / Announcements / Testing Release (locked)