Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Obsolete: FIGHT procedure
- - By Maikel Date 2010-12-07 11:13
I am quite satisfied with our current melee implementation, that is no more hand combat and melee weapons are controlled with the mouse. This implementation renders the FIGHT procedure obsolete, so I'd suggest remove it from the engine alltogether. The reason to do so is that I'd like to see no melee combat which uses that random fight procedure om which the player has no influence. Therefore remove it, so that no objectpack authors can use it, and rather adhere to our current melee style or come up with something unique themselves.

If there are any objections please share them.
Parent - - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-12-07 11:53
This would also include OCF_FightReady, NoFight defcore entry, the Fight physical, and the cross-check to start ights.

I would keep the Attack command though. Many commands are currently broken; but if someone wants to create an adventure-like scenario with enemies, the command provides a good starting point.
Parent - By Maikel Date 2010-12-07 12:01
Yes off course, forgot that. The command should remain indeed. Not sure what to do with the physical though, but judging from the achievements discussion that can be removed.
Parent - - By PeterW [gb] Date 2010-12-07 14:03
Hm, just wondering: What would be the difference to Follow if there's no action to set anymore?
Parent - By Sven2 [de] Date 2010-12-07 14:18
Attack also throws objects at the enemy. I don't know if command throwing still works; but it should be relatively easy to fix once someone needs AI enemies.

Also, I'm pretty sure the command doesn't set the action. It used to be set automatically when Clonks where in fight range.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2010-12-07 20:27

>Therefore remove it, so that no objectpack authors can use it, and rather adhere to our current melee style or come up with something unique themselves.

Muahahahaha!
Parent - By Maikel Date 2010-12-08 18:57
Done.
Up Topic Development / Developer's Corner / Obsolete: FIGHT procedure