Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Make options accessible before start
- - By Anonymous [de] Date 2010-12-18 11:47
My monitor seems not to be capable of displaying Clonk in it's standard resolution and I cannot change the resolution without starting Clonk first nor can I change the options when I started Clonk (because my monitor only shows a black screen), so I would like to be able to change the resolution before starting the game.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-12-18 12:09
If you are on windows, you can change the options in the registry editor. Use "Start->Run.." (or Windowskey+R) and type "regedit". Search (STRG+F probably) for "OpenClonk" (HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/OpenClonk Project/OpenClonk) and adjust the GuiResolutionX/Y in the "Graphics"-subfolder
Parent - - By Yihka [nl] Date 2010-12-18 15:40
A little bit too techy for a normal user ;)

The nicest would be if OpenClonk would use the resolution your native resolution is, so there won't be any conflicts.
Parent - - By Zapper [de] Date 2010-12-18 15:47

>A little bit too techy for a normal user ;)

Well, I didn't say "change it via regedit" but I gave a step-to-step instruction ;P
Parent - - By Yihka [nl] Date 2010-12-18 17:05
Yeah your right,

but it would always be nice to have something more user-friendly!
Parent - By Asmageddon [pl] Date 2010-12-19 10:53
Yeah, I always was a fan of first-run benchmarks like "Press this button if menu is displayed correctly", then tuning options and resolution during a special benchmark round, so it runs at highest quality and resolution that still grants full fps.
- By Anonymous [de] Date 2010-12-19 16:23
it's running now, thanks, but I had to try a different approach. Changing the resolution did nothing, so I switched to windowed mode. I apparantly cannot play OpenClonk in Fullscreen.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Make options accessible before start