Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Another Clonk Mesh
- - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-04-29 14:57 Edited 2011-04-30 02:11
A new Clonk Mesh I was just working on last night. Only the mesh so far; the concept/blueprint shows what it should look like generally.

The white padding is supposed to be player coloured. I dislike it though; it reminds me of Cortex Command's futuristic-y armour. I'll probably just scrap it and make the green uniform be the player-colour.
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2011-04-29 15:27
wait, what? you can upload images by using the "attach"-button underneath your post
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-04-29 17:57
Yeah, internet-connection is waaaaay broken for me right now. :'[
Parent - - By Matthias [de] Date 2011-04-30 00:32
Care to show your sketches?
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-04-30 02:07
Hey, I got it to upload finally (in the first post).
Parent - - By MimmoO Date 2011-04-30 00:42
Looks like a soldier to me. What did you have in mind when you made this?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-04-30 01:38

>Looks like a soldier to me.

You guessed right. I figure since the current game is generally little men killing each other, might as well do it in style.
Parent - - By Newton [mx] Date 2011-04-30 03:50
Yes, but with swords and bows. i cant imagine that on a WWII soldier (and he looks like one).

I remember the idea to have many different clonk meshes for disposal as a way to customize your crew. If you had this in mind, the mesh could turn out well (is it based on the current clonk mesh?) but only if you make him look more time-less, less like a WWII soldier which doesnt fit at all IMO. Suggestions (for the clonk on the sketch):

+ change the overall look more into the direction of one of those "jungle explorers" - e.g. remove the WWII helmet or replace it by the typical hat.
+ he only looks a lot like a soldier now because you chose the Overlay-color to be green in your sketches. I think if it is e.g. red, he would much more look like one of those redcoats (also soldiers, but less modern. Thats a good thing)
+ the backpack should perhaps also be considered for every clonk mesh? I mean, every clonk is carrying a backpack. If not any clonk mesh has a backpack (or other bag), this one shouldnt have one either IMO.

P.S: But still I think there is more dire need for good modellers in other areas. That noone started the implementation of the buildings and production lines yet doesnt mean that the modelling cant start.
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-04-30 04:21
I agree with all your points here... this is too "dieselpunk" for what we're going for.

As for the backpack, I could make a lowpoly mesh of the same design from the icon and attach it to clonks. Shouldn't be too hard.

As for buildings, what I need most for that is concepts. Even if incredibly rough, it helps; I am no architectural designer. :X
Parent - By Newton [mx] Date 2011-04-30 17:19

> I could make a lowpoly mesh of the same design from the icon and attach it to clonks. Shouldn't be too hard.

I´d like to know how that would look.

> As for buildings, what I need most for that is concepts. Even if incredibly rough, it helps; I am no architectural designer. :X

Yeah, sketches would always be nice. Why don´t you post an official request on the forum for sketches, perhaps at the same time giving some input for inspiration and rough ideas what buildings (+other things) exactly we need  - or well, you would like to have. Thats how I did it before.
Up Topic Development / Art Workshop / Another Clonk Mesh