Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Coming back around after a long time
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-05 15:19
Hello, I was a player of Clonk Rage long ago (I lost my key while changing computer), and was following Open Clonk, finally I forgot about it

Well, my life went on, I went through multiple grades (Junior Highschool, yay !), I played alot of games (Minecraft, COD, BF, ect...), and I remembered about this some time ago

I would like to know where we are on the project, if it's somewhere near completion (from my last visit, start of summer I guess, there was no new scenarios or important features, maybe a lot of bugfixes), and see If I could squeeze in a bit in the developpement (not like I'm gonna jump on a computer and code you 10 pages of code)
Parent - - By AlteredARMOR [ua] Date 2011-10-05 16:01
There's been a major release recently.
Now everything came to the point where settlement aspects can be implemented (and thus the most interesting stuff begins).
So there is plenty of work to do.

P.S. Welcome back
Parent - - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-05 16:55
Thanks for the link, I was waiting for it

I hope I can get a bit in the developpement, I always liked Clonk

And I'm sure settlements will give a whole new life to the game, but first we should make sure we don't want the same exact system than Clonk Rage
Parent - - By Clonkonaut [ie] Date 2011-10-05 16:58
If you want to contribute, I already started settlement development. See http://forum.openclonk.org/topic_show.pl?tid=836
Parent - - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-05 17:47
Nice, but... yeah, I'm not coming without any knowledge (tried some Minecraft coding, understood some bases), but starting for nothing, I never tried (I only learned modding, starting from stuff that is already created)
Parent - By Newton [de] Date 2011-10-05 19:05

> starting from stuff that is already created

That is how everyone starts. The only ingredients you need to advance from that is some eagerness to learn and gain new experience.
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-05 19:51
Bon à tu revoir :D

Like what Newton said. The easiest way to begin learning is looking at the simpler objects (ie: firestone, dynamite) and understanding how and why the script has the effect that it does.

It certainly helps if you already have experience in scripting/coding (when I started to learn C4Script I didn't x[ ). There is a good guide for beginners here, and I have already written a small tutorial there, though I am planning to add more of increasing complexity when I have the time to do so.
- - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-05 19:24
Ok, I installed all the Eclipse stuff and put it on Clonk setting, I wonder if there's any wiki like to explain what command "x" or "y" means in here
Parent - - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-05 20:08
Have a quick question on loading the good directories though... Do i need to load every single directory in OpenClonk (Objects, Material, Sound...) ? And where is the Object Template that is presented in the wiki ?
Parent - - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-05 21:26 Edited 2011-10-05 21:29
Sorry about that, I planned to implement a download link for it, but as that tutorial is unfinished (I actually made significant changes to the tutorial just minutes ago) I didn't quite get around to it. But I'll upload it here anyways (You'll need to unzip that into your Objects.ocd folder):

I hereby license the following file(s) under the CC-by license
Attachment: TemplateObject.ocd.zip (5k)
Parent - By dylanstrategie [fr] Date 2011-10-06 08:23
Ok, thanks, I'll see if I didn't lost the hand and try to make an explosive
Parent - By Ringwaul [ca] Date 2011-10-06 11:42

>I wonder if there's any wiki like to explain what command "x" or "y" means in here

I only recently got eclipse working, and haven't yet actually used it. ^^

But perhaps you are referring to the C4Script Documentation? It contains a library of most of the functions available in OpenClonk.
Up Topic General / Help and Questions / Coming back around after a long time