Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Layers (Planes?)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
OK, after the clarification:

Just to distinguish from Object layers, this ordering should probably be called Z-ordering or similar. Yeah, I think it makes sense to purge the categories by seperating the z-order from being bound to certain game mechanics. That's why I am doubting if binding game mechanics on to certain ranges of z-orders is such a wise idea. I'd like to see those properties of which you mentioned a few to be swapped into defcore-properties.
However, I don't have an overview of what all this special-category-behaviour consists of so this suggestion just comes from what the data I have.

Another note: Because of the upcoming feature freeze (after update system is implemented + probably another important thing that will pop up in the last minute), I'd refrain from opening another construction site for this release. Your suggestion for an implementation will probably only get interesting for the works on the release with castles (2nd or 3rd).