Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Layers (Planes?)

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Günther

> >There's layer 26 for stuff behind dragons. Stuff includes dragons :-)
> Fails if you have three dragons then..

While I like dragons, there's such a thing as too much dragons. That many dragons would surely destroy all vehicles, making further layers available ;-)

Seriously, any better suggestions for the z-position of global particles and the default z-position for objects which don't specify one?

> But you leave other stuff tied to it that leads to the same problem. I don't get the idea behind that.

Simple: I don't believe that it will lead to the same problems. I think that it is a good idea to tie an object's position in the game to the object's position on the screen.

> You would still have some stuff that you could just not do with C4Script then

There is lots and lots and lots of stuff you can't do with C4Script. While it is fun to do things with the Clonk engine that it wasn't designed for, the engine has to first cater to the game we are making, and make it simple to create content for it. That implies that we should keep things simple if possible. What's simpler than a distance check to limit an effects range?