Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Airplane - Its use in game

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Ringwaul
When I first created the airplane, it was my intention that it would fit alongside the blimp as a 'fighter plane' while the blimp is the 'bomber'.

There are a few aspects that were changed with the airplane that do not fit into the scheme of a 'full game'. The machine-gun-like in the plane will make airplanes utterly dominate blimps in every conceivable situation. While planes are definitely meant to be an anti-blimp vehicle, having them always win against blimps with absolutely no chance of defending is too much.

While the different weapon system is interesting in theory, this is over-exerting the plane's function. Shooting rockets from a plane will allow the plane to become a bomber, thereby removing the intended function of a blimp as a bomber. Though the rockets can be used for air-vs-air defense, this is also redundant with the musket in the plane.

Usage of bullets instead of lead-shot; I also find this unnecessary. Lead shot will be cheap enough to get, so we don't really need something cheaper than that. Lead-shots should be also taken from the clonk's inventory, not the plane's contents so as to stay consistent with the cannon.

Bearing this in mind, I hope no one minds that I change the airplane back to the previous version. While some of these features are interesting, I find they will undoubtedly cause the plane to be overpowered.