Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic So I played OC this evening

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Matthias
Well, I didn't touch oc in a relatively long time, and playing two melees earlier this evening made me realize that some things, mainly the controls, are incredibly arkward.
Here's what I think is wrong or at least annoying:

First off, the movement seemed kind of dull and slow to me, and I think this is because of the acceleration. It does not go well with all the small and quick movements you want - and need - to do with your clonk, especially in quick melees, especially in cluttered landscapes. I ended up pressing every button just harder and more often, which is, of course, stupid, but also a clear sign that my clonk just didn't move the way I expected him to move when I pressed that button the first time.

Next up is the item slots: The two slots at the bottom of the screen look exactly the same! With just one item equipped against a darker background, I couldn't figure out which hand slot was occupied and which one was empty. I always had to take a closer look. The visuals of the slots could use some work here. Maybe use the buttons of a computer mouse with mouse wheel as background for the slots?

Then, when aiming with weapons, I always tried to re-adjust my shooting direction after clicking. Because the clonk took so long to load the bow or whatever, my target moved, so I moved my cursor accordingly, but as I had already released the button, I had no chance of actually re-aiming. Maybe a second click before shooting could update the aiming direction? But for those fast-paced melees, I even think that the direction should always be where I aim with my cursor - I won't hit anything with just clicking on an opponent once anyways! So why even give me the chance to do it "wrong"?

And finally: Content controls. Ugh.
Open a chest by finding its number on the bottom screen, choose two items, click on them with different buttons to get them in your hands, close the chest, open up the backpack, click on two empty slots with different buttons, close the backpack with a button different from that one for the chest, open up the chest again and repeat up to three times - Sorry, no. This is crap. I so often ended up noticing that picking up the weapons I want to equip was unwise, because to pick up more stuff, I'd have to play towers of hanoi with my inventory between chest, hand and backpack. You definitely need to be able to put things from chest to backpack and the other way round directly via drag and drop or at least similarly easy.