Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic New Physical Implementation

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Günther

> But from reading your conversion changes I get the feeling that horizontal movement while jumping with a clonk is faster than just walking, seems a little strange to me. Was this already the case before your conversions, or did you make some error there?

The flight movement had a hardcoded maximum of 2px/frame. I'd blame Newton, but the real culprit is the convoluted Physical code that made doing something "better" unnecessary difficult. And noticing the difference between 1.96px/frame and 2 px/frame is probably impossible anyway.

edit:

> So I tried them and it didn't compile at first hand, I think you may have forgotten to remove C4TempPhysicalInfo::Train. I removed that and it compiled.

Partially - I removed it in another commit that removes C4TempPhysicalInfo completely, but moved that commit to the end and didn't push it because some scripts still rely on it. I'll amend the "training" commit, thanks.