Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic When do we release/bugfix?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
OK, I see. However, we will not have stable and unstable releases parallel to each other but only(?) one queue of continuous updates. So according to that usual model you talk of, it will jump to much more unstable when we finally decide that it is time to include all those gameplay enhancements - when we jump from 5.1.0.X to 5.1.Y.0.

It's just very disappointing to not see those content changes in the next update, even though they are obviously not critical if they turn out to spark problems (in sense of can induce crash, spark wide-ranging odd bugs). (See Zapper.) If we implement this update-model, I am strongly for including any enhancing content-changes next to the bugfix- and minor changes in the engine for stable releases (5.1.0.X) and only use the "unstable" releases (5.1.X.0) for adding new game content (new scenarios, new objects like the catapult etc.) and engine changes.
But well, then only few things won't be included in the next update - at least for this update but this is OK because most of the changes were indeed minor improvements that came from feedback.