Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic My fourth clonk game, and i still love it

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton

>-Contraptions, like the redstone in minecraft and the wire in earlier clonks, making it possible to build traps and oter fun mechanics, maybe making a firestone drop on someone stepping on a hidden switch or maybe detonating a dynamite pack

I'd really like to see ideas about that. I find the ideas introduced in minecraft very interesting and perhaps OC (settlement) use some of these ideas as inspiration. I already thought about some kind of minecart-system where you put the "rails" on the tunnel wall and some metal basket is carried on it around. But I don't know, it's a bit complicated to place the tracks and all - for no real gain as a lorry+elevator could do the same probably.
But generally, introducing some electrical/machine-related material like copper? some kind of "red-stone"? could be a good idea to broaden the possible construction materials for advanced buildings, tools and machines.