Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Health Bar

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton
The backpack looks irritating, there is a big visual focus on the things that don't matter: How does it look if you remove all the half-transparent black circles and instead stretch the backpack image over the whole area? As background image for the items in the backpack. Perhaps somehow fittingly inserted into the hud (by perspective, oversize, partly overlaying the health bar or something.

Generally, the half-transparent-black-area design from me does not really fit to the graphically more elaborate design of yours. That is why the backpack and hands display does not really fit currently.
Ideas for hands-display:
+ Use renderings of hands as background (they already exist in the resources repository), alternatively (dark) gloves
+ use a clockpunky-looking brassplate with screws or whatever as background of both items that is somehow connected to the brass of the health bar

Additionally: The breath bar should be should be less decorated (= less visually pre-eminent) because it is not important most of the time. Perhaps it looks ok if it is just a glass tube without any brass elements. It could also look interesting if moved a little bit behind the health bar (1/4th) or/and if the breath actually consisted of bubbles or of water (water full = no breath left). At least, this "air color" is very predominant. If this color is used, it should be much more transparent.

Regarding an earlier suggestion for a HUD arrangement you posted in the IRC: Not so good IMO for various reasons. One predominant reason: You mixed together the player HUD and the clonk HUD. In my/the current HUD arrangement, this is clearly separated: Player-wide HUD above, clonk-specific HUD below. Also, keep in mind that it is only possible to arrange content for the HUD relative to the corners when designing an arrangement.