Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Settlement Mode

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Sweatpants
That is true, It does get boring quickly.  The only thing that kept me playing this game for a while is the physics, it's enjoyable to watch some guys head get blown off.

But, even though it is repetitive, and not as much as a time waster as clonk is, there are things that i have already mentioned that you can take from there to make the settlement mode rely on strategy as well as building a settlement. 

Such as:
• The 1 thing that you need to protect at all costs (the brain).  This could be used as a goal when creating a clonk strategy/settlement mode, but as i said, replacing the brain with a flag, or something that depletes resources to the point were it can't support the upkeep, and then all the enemy needs to do is destroy your last clonks available.  (like food in Warcraft 3, upkeep is also present in it)
• Using the concrete gun, or a similar contraption in clonk to make dynamic forts/buildings.  This could provide a tactical element such as making the enemy clonks need a jack hammer or something in order to get into your base, and your clonks could need to patch it up before they get in.  This also does not mean that the buildings in previous settlement modes will be dynamic, I think they will still use resources just you will be building your places inside of your dynamic concrete-based base.

Those are the only 2 points i can take from Cortex Command, but i believe they are beneficial (to the gamemode) as well as valid points.