Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Feedback: Fightsystem

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Newton

> and no one needs to convince me to anything - I just wanted to write that opinion.

OK, then I just write my opinion to your opinion:

> very static, way too static. Playing it feels more like playing Soldat, or some kind of 2D-Shooter / Action adventure (with the sword).

Soldat doesn't feel static at all, actually the opposite. A Soldat is very agile as he can duck, roll, evase shots, jump and run, use different well balanced weapons for his advantage.... and so on. A clonk that can only jump and throw things in a 45° angle, that is what I call static. Did you perhaps choose the wrong word? What's the German word you meant to say?

> It's all there, but it's too slow to use it with the fightsystem (or too hard for me). The weapons are very fast and very strong. And this eliminates a lot of possibilities...

So your main complaint is that the weapons, so items that have been crafted to be useful in combat are too easy to use? That a shovel should be better than a sword because you can dig out rocks? Sorry, I don't get your point.
In settlement melees, digging out rocks, sticks and stones, that is something that you would do when you have not the means yet to actually craft any weapons (didn't find ore, didn't construct a toolshed or whatever). A melee scenario withoug good weapons is also possible: then you just don't put good weapons inside but shovels and rocks in the earth.
I think what you "miss" about CR as being so "non-static" is actually the clumsiness of the controls, the limited ability and speed of the weapons and tools and the auto-fight for it's tactical "values": Only because the clonk was much more limited in his movements and abilities, f.e. could only jump in a certain angle, the player could foresee more of his combatants moves and surprise him by ... throwing a super flint at the right moment or something. But I don't miss that at all. It's not that we eliminated these "features" in CR but built a different, more agile combat-system for OC. So yeah, of course building loam bridges fast doesn't make so much sense any more when you got a multiple-usage-loam (the shield) that actually works.

> If you see the enemy with the bow and the sword, you already know how he is playing - that was not thew case in Clonkrage.

And that is a good thing, in my opinion. So, you can act accordingly and be prepared for how he will attack you. It's a game of rock-paper-scissors: If he has a bow and a shield, you will try to get near him without getting in line of sight and strike him down with a sword. (And so on)