Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Settlement Mode

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Kizzurazzgabi
your previous quotes,

'If that is not something you want to make clonk into, i am not really sure what other direction it can go, there is not a lot of creative freedom when it comes to settlement mode.'

Personally I dont think you can have more creative freedom THAN settlment, especially in multiplayer. Me and my brothers have played clonk world countless times, knights pack, magic pack etc. and we have made incredible castles, caves, tunnels, etc. and have had EPIC fights.

If you have played the previous clonks you would have noticed that ALL the game is is stretegy, just a different kind.

Not needing to change the platforming from what it is now, pumping up the strategy portion of the game by adding clonks that are specialized in combat, and others that are specialized in the gathering of resources could be a great leap for the game.

If you have noticed in the previous clonk they have already DONE that. Magic clonks, knight clonks, king clonks, etc.

'But, even though it is repetitive, and not as much as a time waster as clonk is,'
Clonk's direction in my opinion,  Is to go nowhere.  If you look on the clonk wiki, this is how they describe the genre.  "The game features a mix of the action, real-time strategy and platform game genres."  All i am saying, is to expand on that one-of-a-kind genre.'

In my opinion, it seems like you dont like clonk, just keep in mind that you are talking to people who have enjoyed the previous clonks and would like to expand from that.

And the whole purpose for OC is TO expand from the genre, and to expand clonk. and they are already doing it