Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>Funny that you should mention it - that's actually what I'd prefer right now

I know, you already mentioned that ;)

I don't like the whole flagpole thing :/
What do you want to solve/achieve with it? The only issue I can agree with in CR was that you could build a tower (only when construction material was deactivated!!!) to get into the enemy base (walk there->activate conkit->build tower->jump into base). But I do not think we could not solve that another way than restricting construction by introducing some magical flagpole-base-radius.

Not talking about the healing here, because that is not necessarily linked to the flagpoles.

I am currently all for letting the player do stuff as freely as possible (sandbox like) and try to build an interesting and fun game experience around that.

PS: Why can the player not build a building at that position? Because it makes sense gameplay-wise? Because it is not appropriate to have that building at that position? No, because someone decided at some point that you should need a magic flagpole to build stuff.