Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
I'm actually way beyond doubts - pretty sure that this is a far superior system. Conquering is something that's essential to base combat, and we need to put effort into it working as cleanly as possible - no implicit stuff.  A few more arguments off the top of my head, before I need to start repeating points from older posts:

It might be nice to have very complex and open-worldy things at your disposal with which to fight. But your goals should be as clear as possible. Get to the flag, fly your own. Otherwise you end up with newbies like me being glad to have managed to get into the enemy base, only realizing that I have no idea how to proceed from here.

Another angle: Physical access is not something good to fight over ultimately. It is something you will end up fighting over anyway, just with the way Clonk combat works. So why make it the end of all things? That just kills interesting situations where one side has the high ground but doesn't have a flag. Sure, scenarios might provide such goals on their own, but our goal here is to make something that works out-of-the-box.