Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
Okay, I see your points and maybe we could meet somewhere halfway (even though that probably also needs a lot of discussion ;)  ).

What currently bothers me most is the healing thing and restrictions on building locations/usage of buildings that are not made as defensive structures.
My proposal right now would be: You can use every production building without restrictions everywhere. Defensive structures on the other hand (towers) and maybe some special structures (gun turret that you can enter/grab) can only be used/entered when inside your or an allied homebase zone (your flags) - or better: When not inside an enemy zone ("neutral" buildings).
Only those structures would have building restrictions inside enemy zones. Those buildings could visually be marked with some kind of flag as a "military building" - the flag would also show the color of the owner of the homebase zone.

That would probably keep what you want (the flags as an ultimate goal to conquer the enemys' base or parts of that base) and still would keep the you-can-do-everything-in-your-sandbox (in pure settlement scenarios without enemies mainly) charm