Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Discussion: The Base

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
PS, I would like to elaborate that a bit:
In Caedes you had a Hazard-like shooter with the possibility to build buildings that would need energy. You would set up energy nodes to transmit that energy to where on the map you needed it, making those energy nodes a fragile point in your security to protect.
While sounding cool in theory, the problem was the following:
Capturing/destroying the enemy buildings was important, too important. Killing an enemy on the other hand would only provide you with a very short time advantage. So you would naturally carry weapons/gadgets to kill buildings fast and try to sneak throught he enemys' base and blow up stuff (instead of guns/pvp weapons).
Still nothing wrong with that, in theory. Fact was that the fun part about Hazard-like shooters is to fight your opponent with the various weapons you have at your disposal. If you actually try to dodge fights the whole time just to get to that building, blow it up and run away the whole time, the player-versus-player aspect (that is the fun part about a melee) was not really important anymore.

I currently think the goal of a melee should be to kill the enemy crew - just because that enforces player-vs-player combat! (for example: Every player has X Clonks at his disposal, if all are dead or the cannot afford more he is eliminated)
You would naturally want to weaken your opponents defense and get into his castle - but not to conquer some magic flag but to actually have an advantage while fighting the enemy!