Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Health Bar

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to MimmoO
for the record: this is how far i am at the moment.

Comments:

Tubes:

The health tube is finished i guess. if we will have some poison effects or something like this, i could make an effect which turns the liquid green to show the clonk is poisoned.
The breath tube works fine.
Zapper suggested a dynamic bar-system as it is currently implemented for the portraits of the clonks (add/remove tube, color, state and stuff), but this has currently a low priority for me.

Item Slots:

Work the same way they did before. Any comment on their visual design, besides that the color does not 100% match the color of the tubes? Also, i don't feel like making a non-transparent background for objects with Extra Slots (see arrows in bow).

3D - Portraits of Clonks

After some talk with Zapper and ala, i found the idea of having the 3D-portrait expendable pretty nice. Explanation: the top left display consist of 3 parts: the current portrait, which always show the current clonk with name, rank and name, along with the 3d-model of the clonk. This element is unmovable, unclickable and always shown. Right next to it, theres a row of another 3D-portraits of different Clonks (Monitors), and at last there are the small sized labels which show the clonks hotkey and number (Labels). The player can click on an icon on the Label to monitor a clonk. A monitored clonk still occurs in the Label-list, but additionally, there is a Monitor for that clonk, showing the clonk in 3D, along with name and rank (and maybe hotkey). Vice versa, one can click on a small icon on the Monitor to un-monitor the clonk, closing his Monitor. This leaves the player the choice if he wants to have all his clonks visualized (in a large settlement which a lot of clonks doing lots of things), or concentrate on a few clonks (The archer on the tower and the swordsman in the field). Along with this there could be hotkeys to un-monitor all clonks, hitting the same button again would re-monitor all the clonks which have been unmonitored (to quickly free the UI in a fight for example).

The Labels will also show if something is wrong with a clonk. The Label will flash red if the clonk takes damage, and blue if he is about to drown. Another idea would be to show the type of damage the clonk takes, visualized by a small icon (Arrows for attacked by bow and stuff.). Another idea is to show the two icons of the clonks in the Label as well.

If selecting the clonks via [shift]+[num] is changed to a modifier which is not used for something else (shift for throwing), hitting that modifier could show the hotkey-numbers above the clonks, so the player can quickly distinguish which clonk has what hotkey. Another idea is, that hitting this modifier + clicking in the landscape actually selects the clonk which is closest to the point the player clicks.

So i threw in some ideas. what do you think about them?