Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Building concepts

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala
I actually wrote a big german building concept, which is still not finished. But gives me much trouble translating and I also sort of lost track of all those words O_o.

A summary:

Part 1:
1. Starting position and placement: With mouseklicks and a starting area
2. Basic properties of buildings: Room for materials and clonks, resistance against fire and disasters
3. About materials in buildings: Substitute Materials for buildings - build a hut out of stone, wood, loam or whatever without 100 different building types.
4. The building menu: The old one sucked - I propose a new one.

Part 2:
5. Tools: Axe, Hammer, Shovel, flints: In theory it should be possible to settle without buildings, but very slow.
6. The Base and it's functions: Which we discussed already: Shelter, trading, healing, claim ownership, etc. etc.
7. Trading, Money, Gold: Aid settlement, value gold, no transport beaming.
8. Transportsystems: pretty much like clonkonaut, see my rail system posting.

Part 3:
9. About ressources, mining and energy: Improving materials - all that transport building, and the mine is worn out in 5 minutes? No way!
11. Attacking and defending buildings: Buildings and their defence, explosions - rockets, fire concept from Zapper, ownership concept from Zapper and Peter.
12. Strategy: Rush, Air bases, underground bases, bases against disasters, big castles, mines... It's all there!

------------------------------------------------------

So Point 1 for starters. I hope motivation will let me write all of it down.