Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Building concepts

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to ala

>building menu
>Not quite sure. We are talking about a lot of space here. That could get annoying quickly. I would really prefer it if we managed to give each item a name that is descriptive enough that you don't have to clutter the interface up with even more words.

Ok, decent naming and icon-showing for material costs and alternatives but: No description? Are you serious? Perhaps optional description would be the thing we want: Hold the mouse on the icon for several seconds, and the description pops up. As well a question or an help icon could be attached to each building symbol. Klicking on that will open the text.

Ah one question about the drawbridges: How do you plan on building those features? In a seperated menu?
I planned on building them like this:
Open combo menu -> select castle buildings -> defence -> There's the tower -> drawbridge/direction or nothing? - choose one combo menu entry.

>Hm, maybe we could even have some sort of flint material? It could be a fun element to have. We'd have to decide how to mine it, though. Maybe allow the shovel to make (slow) progress, yielding flints?

Flint as a material is actually quite fun but very dangerous currently ;) - yes I speak of mining flints, yielding flints should be the natural approach to it.
Ah I also thought about loam: One possibility is to make wet earth = loam. The other one is to make loam be a product from water + earth in the foundry.