Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Health Bar

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper
Being informed when a Clonk is attacked, a building is damaged, someone posted on your facebook wall - and all that while you are doing something completely different!

From that clear application now to something a little bit less cool:
Help messages for new players!
I am not talking about help messages that show the description of stuff you build.
I am talking about help messages for special events that are not clear to the player and might frustrate when you first encounter it and fail.
Let's say we have evil monsters that lure in (clearly visible) mounds in the ground. A new player might jump onto the mound and die to something frightening. The message (when you get close to the mound) could just be something like "Be careful around those mounds" as I still want the players to discover 99% of the game themselves.

Same for a player who discovers a bow for the first time: A friendly "You need arrows for the bow!" could probably replace any tutorial.