Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic A brief history of resources

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonkonaut

> So it's something we design to be used exclusively in the first 10 minutes of the game?

I don't see why this may be bad but furthermore I think the pickaxe will remain a special purpose tool, like when you need only one or two chunks of a material and don't want to waste an explosive or for digging a tunnel through solid material.

> Well, the sawmill is already pretty weak in that it has only one function (yes, it can theoretically saw non-trees as well, but nobody uses that). Splitting that in half doesn't seem like a good idea...

Yeah, okay. The advantage of a sawmill would be that the whole tree is cut at once and not piece by piece. But I'm totally cool with dropping the saw and will not support it anymore so someone needs to jump in for this ;)