Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Combining items

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>Hm, did you miss the "in the bow" part? :)

No, I hoped I would get away with ignoring it :)

Even if it would need an additional menu somewhere it would work for the bow - in a way.
The crossbow and everything that uses arrows (defensive towers, traps, whatever) would have to copy that behavior and also provide the possibility to combine items.

It would not work for items that do not "belong" to other items. Let's say you could combine a rope and a spear to get a fishing rod.
Where would you place the "combine" menu for that? In the spear or in the rope?
And if you have to select two items to combine before combining them - what do you need the bow for?

It would of course work without a hammer and only with your hands, too - just place another entry in the context menu to combine stuff you have in your hand (was that what you wanted?).

But even carrying the hammer would not be too much with your 10 inventory slots! :)