Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic HighRes Landscape testing

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
[img]Screenshot006.png[/img]

After a bit more of mucking around with graphics tools I managed to get a much nicer high-res scaler. Not completely smooth, but now we definetely have all important zoom factors covered. Still might have to look into mip-mapping.

Also of note: Having the scaler case selection in CPU means that I can put a bit more effort into selecting the right case. The three-way-meet of materials now uses the scaler for one edge, and just GPU scaling for the remaining edge. If you're lucky you don't see anything. If you're unlucky, you see an actual blocky pixel - but that still looks better than artifacts imo (just compare the two posted pictures where three materials meet).

Btw: 8x textures plz? :P

Edit: And as usual, a quick tour of frozen fortress shows just how often this corner case happens. Still, reverting to solid pixels seems like the cleaner solution to me.

[img]Screenshot008_1.png[/img]