Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Lava and oil

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW
To maybe make this more constructive, here's my take on the whole situation:

* Oil is interesting: I think the main problem with it was that it was kind of "auto-pilot to riches" in CR - its gain-to-effort ratio was way too high in relation to, say, gold[1]. So we should think about how to make pumping and barrels more interesting. Making pumps stop once barrels are full might actually have been a misstep? Plus do we really want to use oil for power supply? Maybe we should push it more into the direction of alchemy...

* Lava is interesting, too. But we shouldn't just blindly put it in the place that oil occupied before. I mean, it might actually be a regenerating resource on some maps, that's a fundamental difference. Also note that it is destructive with water. If the player manages to build both a lava as well as a water reserve, we could give powerful rewards. Like giving truly massive amounts of energy?

[1] Strawmans are rude. But come on, give me something to work with here :/