Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Function pointers

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Zapper

>- Should the parser look up the function to be called when not using "->", or should the lookup be done at runtime, as if one had used "this->"?

Is there any disavantage of the parser already looking it up?

>(besides #appendto scripts)

I think #appendto scripts are an important part when you have something as modular as the Clonk package system. I think it would be a pity to lose that

Until now I really liked the way Clonk handled inheritance and overloading/appendtoes.

PS: On the other hand some sort of "scoping" would be nice - that is: library A has private function "Draw" and B has private function "Draw", C inherits from A and B and executes some code of B that uses "Draw" - A's "Draw" should not be called here because it was never ment to be called from somewhere else. ("private"/"public")

PPS: And the system should be easy to understand/work with to not scare off beginners :/