Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basic control concept

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Clonk-Karl

> Inventory merge
> Right now, a lot of the puzzle-action described above happens because I have to think about items switching slots between two inventories - the one being my hand-slots, the other being the backpack. I propose to remove the physical space of the hand slots in favor of having all items in one storage. Hand-"slots" get demoted to hand-"views", just showing the current selection for each hand. Obvious markers show the current selection in the miniature-inventory in the hud as well as in the backpack-menu.

Speaking of this, what annoys me as well is that we have both the backpack menu and the contents menu, to show the contents of the Clonk. But you can do different things with the two menus and so you need to remember to open the "correct" one. I wonder if we could extend the contents menu a bit in order to make the backpack menu superfluous. This extension would include something like always having 7 slots hardcoded for Clonks, having the hard markers as proposed by Matthi and allowing drag+dropping between the slots in the same menu.