Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Harvesting: Sickles and swords

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Sven2
Some people are frustrated faster than others. But I'm feeling that at the moment, Clonk is not developed so much as a game, but more as something that is supposed to "function well", as I can see from the parallels drawn to e.g. the annoying MS Office help agent. A game should allow the player to make mistakes.

> I don't think it's a good idea to solve weird object behaviour by adding more tutorials explaining the weird behaviour.

No, the behavior when you strike bushes with an axe needs not be explained. In fact, I don't think bushes to be explained unless they are somehow crucial to get going in Clonk. The idea here would be to teach the player how to play, but leave lots and lots of room to experiment. This will be the case anyway - I doubt good tutorials will be developed at the same pace as new objects.

Concerning frustrating dead-ends: I'd rather fix the scenario being game over when you do something wrong. Especially if the scenario is meant to be played by beginners. Shouldn't it be possible to build a working economy from very few, basic materials anyway?