Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basements for buildings?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to PeterW

> Adding some vertices to the lorry so this particular stucking cannot occur.

That seems like the wrong fix to me. We should better make sure that objects can never get stuck on "infacing" vertex sides or something.

> So you cannot destroy a basement without destroying the building.

Should go both ways - the basement should be seen as a part of the structural building, just like the roof or a wall.

> elevator

I agree, the elevator is a structural building in my eyes. I mean, I originally proposed elevators to be "castle elevators" only - so you'd always construct a wall with a roof and a basement with it. At minimum we should try to make it less awkward to rain-proof your elevator.

> flagpole

I don't really get that one, though. Isn't the flagpole meant to be able to be de-constructed and moved easily? I would actually envision them to work very differently from buildings - becoming static-back once constructed.

> fundaments

Uhm, yeah, sorry, was a bit tired ;)