Not logged inOpenClonk Forum
Up Topic Basements for buildings?

This board is threaded (i.e. has a tree structure). Please use the Reply button of the specific post you are referring to, not just any random button. If you want to reply to the topic in general, use the Post button near the top and bottom of the page.

In Response to Maikel
Peter, I am going to be honest with you here. I don't like the way you interfere with development here, for some reasons:
*First of all it was a request for having basements, in irc we had a short "discussion" about them and we need them (at least as long as there are no "castle" parts). This means that from people actively working on settlement a decision has been made and this thread is just a request for basements. Please also note that I and also others have ample experience with playing with structures without basements now, whereas you as far as I can judge only know about the negative features of CR basements.
*Already in the first point, but you are not working on it and I have the feeling you did not test it either. That's of course not a reason to not share your opinion, but maybe you should be careful with your phrasing, and especially refer to all kinds of hypothetical situations which are not even there in OC yet. the Art Workshop is the last place for highly theorized discussions.
*More of the same: the best way to make your point is by implementing it and showing it is better.
*And some more, you must have noticed by now that the arguments are all about corner cases, also the ones by Clonkonaut, and are absolutely irrelevant.

So please move the discussion to General Discussions and don't take it as an offense, but it is pretty annoying to have to discuss minor stuff like this over and over again.

*Should not have pressed the Post button*

P.S. obviously I agree with Clonkonaut on most of the discussed points